Thursday 15 November 2012

Music raises Money for Momentum!

KUSU Volunteer Erika
Hi my name is Erika and I am a first year Radiography student at Kingston University. Two weeks ago (29th of October 2012 to be exact!) I helped out at the Momentum Opera Evening, (Momentum is a charity supporting children with cancer and life-limiting conditions) which took place in Teddington. It was a One-Off Volunteering opportunity, with a wide range of volunteering roles available, such as helping on the bar, allocating seats etc. I helped out by selling raffle tickets and programmes for the opera evening and I absolutely loved it! Whilst I was there I got to see amazing performances (by opera singers and a boy choir that sang in a Glee style!) and alongside the other volunteers, I helped to make the evening a success! I signed up to volunteer because I had some free time available. If you have any free time then give volunteering a go! You meet new people and you’ll always have something in common with the other volunteers – the thing which made you want to volunteer in the first place!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...