Monday 18 November 2013

Movember half way point

It has been an awkward couple of weeks since my clean cut introduction to Movember. At this moment in time I am sporting a fairly ridiculous mustache that has drawn it's fair share of ridicule from friends and family. It's still all for a good cause though which has certainly helped me to push on despite being out and about meeting lots of different members of organisations that we are trying to find great volunteering opportunities with.

For a while I was sporting a fairly classic handlebar 'Mo' but in the interest of variety I decided to lose the handlebars this past weekend. There are plenty of other people walking around proudly displaying their facial hair and I have to say it does feel good to be a part of something with so many others. My 'Mo bros' and I are hopefully putting men's health into focus throughout November and it does give you a warm feeling to be doing something good while having a laugh doing it.

With the days in November rapidly disappearing I have to admit I am looking forward to going back to my usual look. It's a very strange feeling to have a warm lip while the rest of you face feels the full force of the November wind.

Remember, if you would like to help out then check out my webpage or come and drop some loose change into my Movember money box in the volunteering office.  

https://www.justgiving.com/account/your-pages/steveandchrismovember

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...