Friday 1 November 2013

Steve's Movember Journey


Movember has become an annual tradition for many. This however, is my first year taking part in the annual craze that raises awareness for Men’s health through the medium of facial hair. As such I thought I would give you the opportunity to go through the journey with me by putting some updates on to the blog along with a few photos.

Last night (Oct 31st) I clean shaved for the first time in years and closed my eyes and hoped I wouldn't wake up looking like I was 14 again. Alas it didn't work and I’m left lamenting my stubbly look.

It is all for a good cause though!! I've teamed up with my friend Chris to support the Royal Marsden, fighting cancer and changing the lives of so many people, including Chris’ father in-law Tony. I will be sure to update you on the progress of my ‘mo’. In the meantime you can find a little more info in the link below. If you want to help me support The Royal Marsden you can also donate through the page or come and see me and the 'mo' in person at the volunteering office in the Town House on Penrhyn road.

https://www.justgiving.com/account/your-pages/steveandchrismovember

If anyone else out there is taking on Movember I’d love to hear about it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...